Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

More Garlic Twisty Bread

So my regular grocery store doesn't sell the yeast I like. So when I went to a different one that did I went a tad overboard and bought six strips of three packs each of yeast. So I guess I plan on making a lot of bread. So here's some better photography of something you've seen me make before. As the link reveals, this recipe is in my beloved KitchenAid cookbook. I started cooking today with these quality ingredients: ingredients
 I put the dry ingredients into the mixer: sugar, yeast, flour, garlic salt
 I started putting the wet ones into a small saucepan, and I swear(*) they just fell this way ;-) : smiley face butter/water
 When I added the milk you couldn't see the cutsey-face as much: milky smile
 I used one of my favourite kitchen gadgets, the timer/thermometer to monitor the liquids' temperature: watching the temp
 When I added them together it made sticky dough:
  mixer
Look at these beautiful shots, I love my camera! making bread look at it blending
 You know its' right when its' done mixing and looks like this: when it's done it's sticky
 The dough goes into a well greased bowl to wait for the first rising: before first rising
 Look how different after only an hour: after first rise
 I rolled it out:
  rolled out
 And spread on the melted butter/garlic salt mixture: butter/garlic salt spread
 I cut it into way more pieces than it says to: i cut it into a ton of pieces
 And put it into the bread pan to wait for the second rising: before second rising
 And look how much puffier those twists are after an hour: after second rise
 Ready to go into the oven:
  prepped for baking
 About halfway through the cook-time, when it looks like this, I tent some foil over top to ensure the tops don't get too darkly cooked:
  time to tent the foil
 Right out of the oven:
  out of the oven
 And into my mouth!!
  into the mouth

No comments:

Post a Comment