Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Apple Pie Cupcakes


Apple Pie Cupcakes
Yields: 18 cupcakes

I gathered these quality ingredients:
(for the cupcakes)
3 cups sifted cake flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup milk

(for the apple filling)
4 tbsp. salted butter
2 tsp. cinnamon
2-3 tbsp. sugar
4 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced

Spray-on vanilla icing ingredient

To make the cupcakes, preheat the oven to 350°. Line cupcake pans with paper liners.

In a medium bowl, I sifted together the cake flour, baking powder and salt:
sifting cake flour

Today’s baking was brought to you by the number eleven, portrayed here by the butter and sugar:
butter and sugar


After their sponsorship photoshoot, I creamed them together on medium-high speed in my Kitchen-Aid until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes: 
creamed butter and sugar



This recipe suits step-by-step photography well as the next instruction is to add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each addition. So here is a photo before each egg was beat in.

Egg #1:
before the first egg


Egg #2:
before the second egg


Egg #3:
before the third egg


Egg #4:
before the fourth egg

I added the vanilla extract and began alternating between adding the milk and the dry ingredients:first dry ingredients and milk second dry ingredients and milk


Soon I had a rich batter:
batter

I overfilled the cupcakes tins. I always do. Some of the cupcakes were still not as full and fluffy as I like them. This beauty shows that some did come out quite nice though:
cupcake


Next, to make the apple filling, I melted the butter in my big frying pan over medium heat:

melted butter


Once it was melted, I added the cinnamon and sugar (have to admit here I was afraid for my pan, but it’s T-Fal and it came out ok):cinnamon and sugar



The recipe I built this off of used only 2 tbsp. of butter and the cinnamon mix was really thick for this heart photo:this heart looks like poop...literally


I ended up throwing in another 2 tbsp. of butter before I added these apples:diced apples

They mixed up quite nicely: i added a little more butter too

I cooked them for about 10 minutes, they were tender and delicious. I set them aside to cool:
cooling apple mixture

While they cooled I cored the cupcakes:cored cupcakes

They were so adorable: (and the middles tasted goooood too!)single cored cupcake

Once the apple mix was cooled, I spooned it into the cupcakes: filed cupcakes

These babies were sooo good, I don’t feel inclined to share them with anyone!:eat me

No comments:

Post a Comment