Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Monday, March 12, 2012

Corset Sugar Cookies

Ugh, I really need to keep on top of this. I can't find any of the proper links now.

So my best friend Carmz shared an image (maybe a link) with my in the beginning of February. It looked like this:
but there were also butts with thongs drawn on with icing, and the piping detail was less fine and precise (read fancy lol). She suggested that I try it. I indicated with valentine's day coming up I definately would, I made them two days after.




Since it said it was just sugar cookies, I used my KitchenAid mixer Sugar Cookie recipe.

I started with these quality ingredients:

IMG_0252



I creamed the butter and eggs:

IMG_0256



In a separate bowl I combined the dry ingredients:

IMG_0260



I combined them (forgot to snap a photo), chilled the dough, and turned it out onto a well floured board:

IMG_0262



I carefully monitered the thickness, maintaining a 1/4" throughout the sections I used the cookie cutter on:

IMG_0263



Then I cut out as many hearts as I could:

IMG_0264


I reshaped the remainder dough, rerolled it to the right thickness and cut more:

IMG_0265



I set them on foil-lined, well-greased pans about one inch apart:

IMG_0266



And they came out PERFECT!!!

IMG_0269



Look at those undersides!:

IMG_0270



Of course I had to taste one! But seriously, look how fluffy it is and how it maintained it's thickness!

IMG_0272

(Seriously, this picture makes me want one right now and they've been gone for like three weeks!)



Then I got the icing materials ready:

IMG_0278



Rainbow Bright helped me melt the candy:

IMG_0274


Then I coated the cookies and piped the icing on. I tried using the new cookie press/icing gun, it is very FAST, it will take much practice to get used to.


Here are my finished products - YUUUMMMMMMM!!

IMG_0276

IMG_0276

No comments:

Post a Comment