Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Raspberry Lemon Cornmeal Mini-Loaves

Well, a big order came in on Etsy, and despite not having recieved payment for it yet, I'm about halfway done baking it.

The first item I tackled was this lovely recipe from Woman's Day:
http://www.womansday.com/Recipes/Raspberry-Glazed-Mini-Lemon-Cornmeal-Loaves

So, I took these ingredients:
ingredients

and these cute little pans:
tiny loaf pans

and turned them into this:
finished product!

TADA!!!


I followed the directions exactly, zesting and juicing the lemon was certainly the hardest part.
lemon zest and juice

The batter looked really loose as I went through the egg additions, but by the time I was about to add the zest/cornmeal mix, it was looking mighty tasty:
pre cornmeal

While they were in the oven, I prepared the two glazes, starting with sifting the flour:
for the glazes

I found them to be very thick, so I added about 1/2 tsp. extra water to each to reach a spread/squeeze-able consistancy.

They looked so great coming out of the oven I forgot to snap photos until I was already icing them - look how yummy!
out of the oven!

In no time at all they were ready to be packed to be shipped (a daunting thought in itself).
Here's a few shots of my packaging:
all set for shipping!
outside of box

Hope you've enjoyed the show!!

No comments:

Post a Comment