Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rainbow Bread

In case you're detecting a theme, allow me to warn you - I am going to be re-attempting the rainbow cake later this week as my graduation cake.

Today's adventure was to replicate this lovely adventure:
using half of the Basic White Bread recipe found in my Kitchen-Aid recipe book. That recipe can be found online here: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/BASIC-WHITE-BREAD-FOR-KITCHENAID-50014678.

I forgot to take step by step photos, which is more than a little disappointing, but here's a shot of what my loaf looked like before I popped it into the oven:
pre oven

Post oven, I was in sheer wonderment at why I had not done this before. It was so pretty! See:
finished loaf
The later colors were a tad overpowering on the first few slices
slice 1

slice 2



but by the time I got to the middle I had a few with the whole spectrum visible.
best slices

rainbow bread!

All in all, I was very pleased with myself, and I hope you are too. Also, this item is for sale on my etsy, here http://www.etsy.com/listing/74840291/rainbow-bread for a mere $10 you could have your very own handbaked loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment