Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Double-Decker Butterscotch Brownies

There is this beautiful photo of these double-decker butterscotch brownies on the cover of my Kitchenaid recipe book. I just had to make them right away. So I did. I've made them a few times since then, they're a truly decadent treat I love to give out as a pick me up when I'm feeling particularly baker-y.

So, here's a digital record of the recipe:
http://www.food.com/recipe/double-decker-butterscotch-brownies-158990

I started out with these fine ingredients:
ingredients
I used vanilla too, but forgot to include it in the photo.

I started with the butter, sugar and vanilla in my mixer bowl:
smiley face start
See the happy smilie face?

I creamed them together for a bit:
creamed butter

Then I beat in the eggs and it looked so creamy:
batter
creamed butter with flour

After I added the cocoa and flour, I spread the brownie batter onto a foil-lined pan.
brownies to be cooked

While the brownie was cooking, I mixed the butterscotch glaze. Enjoy these action shots:
butterscotch glaze
mixer

As soon as the brownie had cooled some, I spread the glaze onto it:
cooling

Then before the glaze was totally set, I cut the whole thing in half and stacked it on itself:
doubled cooling

Then while the double stack was cooling, I prepared the chocolate ganache:
melting ganache

I poured on the ganache from a ziploc bag with one snipped corner in a zig-zag pattern.
yummie
finished


MmMmMmmmmm looks sooo tasty!!

1 comment: