Cookies

Cookies
A haven of snack-y happiness!

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Triple Chocolate Chunk Brownies

Pillsbury, who I got this recipe from seems to think that these are only double-chocolate chunk. Additionally, I left out a step (involving more chocolate lol) but there's still three kinds of chocolate in these brownies, so I feel justified calling them triple chocolate.

I elected not to make the first of the two icings this recipe spreads atop the brownies, no one complained, and the brownies are gone, so they must have been good.

So, here's the recipe: http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/double-chocolate-chunk-brownies/09eca55d-44b8-4e14-8558-5bd3ff2b7599/

I started with these fine ingredients: ingredients


From there I began packing my light brown sugar. I usually use "brownulated" sugar which doesn't need to be packed, but the store I visited didn't have that. So a lesson on packing brown sugar; in this shot, the cup looks nearly full:
packing brown sugar

However, after lightly packing it down, it was less than half full, I had to fill it up and then pack it down two more times before it was actually full. When I turned and dumped it into the mixing bowl with the white sugar and vanilla, it held the shape of the measuring cup: sugars and vanilla

Then I melted the butter on the stove. I always cut it up to make it easier for melting: melting butter

When I added the eggs and melted butter to the sugars and vanilla mixture, everything was very egg-y and brown. I couldn't believe that I hadn't added any chocolate yet. It was unpleasant to look at, so I thought a photo was needed to encourage others that they're on the right path at this step. with eggs and butter, no chocolate yet!

Next I added the cocoa, flour and salt:
adding chocolate

And it came out quite thick and chocolate-y, like brownies (lol!): after chocolate

I was unable to find white chocolate chunks available for purchase, so I had a bar which I proceeded to cut into chunk sizes: cutting white chocolate

I filled my measuring cup with my little white chunks: chunking white choc

And then I added them and the chocolate chunks to the mixture: adding chucks

Finally, I put it all in a well greased and floured pan to go into the oven: into oven

And a half hour later they came out perfectly. I cooled them in the pan for an hour and then cut them and put them on a platter where I poured the second part of the recipe's icing (just the white drizzle, not the spread) onto them.

They came out perfect: finished


yummie

No comments:

Post a Comment